Cape Coral Vacation with Kids
11 Activities for Families with Kids in Cape CoralCape Coral in the Sunshine State Florida offers unparalleled natural beauty, trophy-level fishing, access to world-renowned regional beaches, and a plethora of eco-adventures. The relaxed tropical lifestyle with year-round sunshine and community activities for all ages makes this coastal community a desirable place to visit for families with children. Families with kids and extended families enjoy the comfort of home in one of the many luxurious vacation homes with pools that are fully equipped for a fun-filled family vacation.
Designed and developed as a “waterfront wonderland”, Cape Coral is located on Florida’s Gulf of Mexico and home to more than 400 miles of sparkling canals and waterways and 27 miles of shoreline. Extensive waterways offer boaters access to Sanibel Island and Captiva in the Gulf of Mexico via the beautiful Caloosahatchee River and the Matlacha Pass estuary.
A short drive time to Tampa, Miami, and Orlando opens up opportunities for theme park attractions and metropolitan bustle.
Discover Cape Coral’s Extensive Parks and Recreation NetworkIn Cape Coral, thirty-nine recreational parks are offering activities plus excellent athletics programs for families with kids, as well as playgrounds, open green space, unstructured exercise trails, and miles of scenic nature trails. The City of Cape Coral’s website offers extensive information about all City-run parks and facilities, events, classes and activities by age group. View interactive Cape Coral Parks Map.
Top 11 Things To Do In Cape Coral With Kids
1. Sun Splash Family Water ParkWhat would a Florida vacation be without a waterpark visit? The screams of your life are awaiting you at Sun Splash Family Water Park in Cape Coral. Adventure seekers of all ages enjoy thrilling slides, while little tadpoles have the Tot Spot to play with floating alligators, logs, and an interactive playland just for them. Dry off with a game of volleyball on the professional sand volleyball courts. With so many attractions, Sun Splash Family Water Park has all you need for a family fun day with kids.
2. Eco Boat ToursWhat is a better SW Florida activity than watching dolphins play and frolicking in the water? Several Cape Coral ecotour companies are dedicated to high quality eco-tourism. Come and watch the dolphins play in the beautiful estuaries. Banana Bay Tour Company is a Dolphin SMART Approved tour operator, with guides that are trained certified Florida Master Naturalists in Coastal Environments from the University of Florida.
3. Yacht Club Community ParkThe Cape Coral Yacht Club is one of the original landmarks of the city. Located directly on the Caloosahatchee River in a beautifully landscaped setting, the Yacht Club Community Park encompasses a wide range of facilities and amenities including the public beach and boat ramp, fishing pier, and community pool. The beach on the riverbank is a popular spot for families to have a picnic in one of the picnic shelters, play on the playground, and let the kids frolic at the riverfront or drop a line from the fishing pier. The community pool, and public boat ramp, and tennis courts invite the young and young at heart and the community center offers year-round activities for everyone.
4. Four Mile Cove Ecological PreserveThis nature park on the majestic Caloosahatchee River is the #1 ranked Cape Coral attraction by Tripadvisor reviewers. The 365 acres large Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve offers a boardwalk, kayak rentals, and free parking. Take the kids on a stroll through the mangrove forest to one of the lookouts in the coves of the river. The well-maintained boardwalk has many benches and signs describing the plants and wildlife waiting to get discovered. Kayak rentals for tours through the park are also available.
5. Gator Mike's Family Fun ParkThis is a really cool facility with a baseball batting range, paintball field, miniature golf, and go-carts. Challenge each other on the rope course and bungee jump. Then work together to solve the puzzle in the escape room. You'll get great pictures of friends as they zoom by on the zipline. This is conveniently located on one of Cape Coral’s main arteries and a fun place for the whole family that offers things to do for all ages.
6. Guided Fishing ToursDominick Greco’s Kayak Charters is receiving glowing reviews from Cape Coral visitors and residents. The company’s ecotours and guided fishing excursions lead newbies and pros through the mangroves along Cape Coral’s coastline. Newbies benefit from the professional and friendly kayaking instructions and experienced anglers will be impressed by the number and quality of fish caught on the guided fishing excursions.
7. Eagle Skate ParkThe municipal Eagle Skate Park at the city’s William “Bill” Austen Youth Center, is one of the largest skate facilities from Tampa to Miami and features nearly 27,000 sq. ft. of ramps, rails, and pipes. The park offers “extreme” fun for skateboard, rollerblade, and bike enthusiasts ages 6 and up, with both daily and annual admission rates available. Kids and teens rock out to the Bose sound system, while parents can watch from the covered pavilion area and picnic tables. Experienced skate attendants ensure safety and helmets and parental/legal guardian consent are required prior to admission. Eagle Skate Park also offers Bike Days are every Wednesday. Check the City’s website for upcoming events.
8. Fossil ExpeditionsYes, you’ve heard right. SW Florida’s rivers and streams are rich with fossils of all kinds and fossil hunting is a lot of fun. At Fossil Expeditions, kids can find alligator bones and shark’s teeth – everyone can come home with a fossil that they had personally excavated. It is a full day trip, as you have to drive an hour to Alva northeast of Cape Coral and then on to your dig site. Make arrangements well in advance and bring water shoes or an old pair of tennis shoes you don’t mind getting scuffed and muddy. Take lots of water and sunscreen!
9. Cape Coral Historical MuseumThe entrepreneurial geniuses that envisioned Cape Coral and had the drive and ingenuity to make the city a reality are the highlight of this remarkable little museum. It is full of great stories and fun memories. Pictures, marketing materials, and artifacts have been lovingly assembled and bring the history of the area to life. Knowledgeable docents readily share their knowledge with young visitors. We highly recommend all Cape Coral guests and residents visit the Cape Coral Historical Museum to take advantage of this treasure.
10. Bowling & Family EntertainmentFor those times when it’s raining or the kids simply need a time-out from all the fun in the sun, HeadPinz Family Entertainment Center & the Bowland Entertainment Center are two of the premier family entertainment facilities in Cape Coral. These are not your dad’s old bowling alleys; featuring the latest in automated scoring, bumpers for the younger bowlers, state-of-the-art music & video entertainment and lighting systems. The 100% smoke-free centers cater to recreational and serious bowlers alike. Both centers have a Nemo’s Sports Cafe, featuring a menu that has something for every appetite. And for dad, big screen TV’s as far as the eye can see let him catch up on all the action from the sporting world. Bowland also has mini-golf and laser tag.
11. Cape Coral Dolphin Boat Tours
Beobachten Sie Delfine in ihrem ökologischen Lebensraum im Meer in Florida Cape Coral und Ft. Myers. Ein toller Familienausflug mit Spaß und Begeisterung für alle Altersgruppen. You can find more informations Banana Bay Tour Company or Island Coast Excursions
Please be aware that days and hours of operations may change according to local or state regulations. We suggest you contact each venue or event organizer to obtain their latest information and make reservations whenever possible.